Pages

Monday, April 25, 2016

Weekly Recap #16


{April 18 through April 23, 2016}

Gardening

  • I harvested the first strawberries Wednesday (the 20th) – three in all! The lemons, tater (potatoes) and the peas all have flowers. I need to weed the garden areas as it is rapidly getting out of control.
Quilting; Crafts

  • I picked out, cut and sewed up fabrics for a Courthouse Steps block which is in Section 2 of the Gypsy Wife quilt. I also picked out and cut fabrics for a Bordered Square-in-Square block.
  • splish splash stash

Red Poppy Festival, Georgetown, Texas

  • The Red Poppy Festival in Georgetown has been marked in my calendar for months. We decided to just go on April 22nd and use this event to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary a week late. It was a lot bigger than we expected and reminded me of Huntsville's Fair on the Square that is held every October. There were lots of things for kids to do along with tons of arts and crafts booths. The biggest event was the car show which is a judged event; so, there were a lot of a cool looking vintage cars! I did not take any pictures this time around as I did not think there was anything picturesque to take.
DIY Shed aka "The Barn"

  • We had just a partial weekend as we took Saturday off to celebrate our 22nd Anniversary a week late. We did work Sunday. We managed to get all the siding put up on the remaining two walls and Dan got the door openings cut out. It is beginning to take shape.
Miscellaneous

  • I had the permanent crown put on my broken molar last Thursday and am so happy that is done and over with!
  • We had an electrician come out and wire up a ceiling fan box for us in the Studio. I am getting real excited about putting the cute little thing (ceiling fan) up in that room!

By perseverance the snail reached the ark.

Charles H Spurgeon (1834-1892)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!