Pages

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

2016 Finish-A-Long Q2 {List}

I utterly failed at accomplishing any of my Q1 Finish-A-Long goals. I almost did not do this because I am embarrassed. But hey! I am only human with many other projects (e.g. the shed and gardening) going on in my life. Also, I got sidetracked with the Gypsy Wife Quilt. One of my biggest weaknesses is that I really enjoy piecing above all the stages of making a quilt.

I am just going to narrow down my list to two things this time around.

The Green Quilt

1. Finish Hand Quilting Dan's Quilt

I have been working on this and just got completely sidetracked. I think I have made good progress and just need to continue working on it here and there in my down times.

top left: extra square-in-square block and an Unpieced Pershing block for Section Two
top right: Section 1 completed
bottom left: saved selvages for documentation and use later
bottom right: strips cut and ready to go per the Quilt-A-Long tips and whatnot.

2. Gypsy Wife Quilt Top

I am not exactly doing the quilt-a-long (QAL). I mean, I am following along and using the tips and whatnot; but, I am doing this at my own pace rather than with keeping up with the others participating in the QAL. I believe they are now putting sections 3 and 4 together whereas I am still cutting fabrics and piecing blocks for section 2. At the pace I am going, I am not sure if I will be finished making the top by the end of this quarter. But hey, I am going to plug away at making the top and enjoy the process.

splish splash stash

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!