Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Unintentional Hiatus

I had every intention of creating posts; but, I took an unintentional hiatus from blogging among many other things and retreated into books and life. I have been organizing, cleaning, painting, creating, etc. and etc. and making a lot of progress. At least, it is a lot of progress for a person like me! I also recently found a series of books by a favorite author and could not put them down. I am reading the third and final book in the trilogy and I had bought these last Thursday on my day out.

By "my day out" , I mean I took a day off from home and life. I went shopping in New Braunfels after an appointment with an audiologist. I went to two antique stores and found a gluten free bakery called The Red Oak Bakery that had somewhat good scones and some delicious cupcakes. I then searched for more antique stores in New Braunfels, drove for a little bit and ended up in Historic Downtown Gruene. It surprised the heck out of me! But, that place was quaint and lovely.

Anyway, back to the books I mentioned above. When I realized the author had continued to write about a fictional world that got me hooked way back in my latter high school days, I went looking online for more books and found quite a few. Yes, I purchased them because the local Half Price Books store never have any books by this author. I rarely buy new and have not done so in eons; but, I did get these "free" by using a portion of our cash back on a credit card we have.

I received my new camera three days ago and it is a learning curve. It is more or less the same as my old one; but, the buttons are in different locations. I am loving the new and slightly bigger LCD screen.

Hopefully, I can get my act together soon, get some decent pictures and start blogging once again. We will see as life is going to be a tad busy from hereon.

We have a short camping trip coming up to prepare for. I am actually looking forward to seeing people! It is going to be kind of like a family reunion. I am also hoping that we will take a few "staycations" or short vacation trips this summer. Both of us need to get away from it all.

In the meantime, I hope all of you will be blessed by this little break of mine. Ha! :-)

3 comments:

  1. We use to enjoy eating at the Grist Mill in Gruene. It really is a very quaint little town.

    I enjoy all of your posts, and you will be missed. Blogging breaks are good. Hope you enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard! I want to blog; but, I have other things that I want/need to do in addition to taking pictures. I have been neglecting quite a few things and getting stressed out over a few other things. It's a crazy life I lead. :-)

    I didn't eat out much this trip. I do SO much better when I do ingest gluten. It isn't easy to travel and remain gluten free. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the new camera pics!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!