Pages

Thursday, June 12, 2014

A Few Favorite Quotes {Deaf and Deafness}

Listen or your tongue will keep you deaf.

~Native American Proverb

And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.

And the Lord said unto him, Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the Lord?

Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

~Exodus 4:10-12 (KJV)

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.

~Mark Twain

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth.

And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind?

Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

John 9:1-3 (KJV)

I have always thought it would be a blessing if each person could be blind and deaf for a few days during his early adult life. Darkness would make him appreciate sight; silence would teach him the joys of sound.”

– Helen Keller ( Blind and Deaf American Author and Educator 1880-1968 )

Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumblingblock before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the Lord.

~Leviticus 19:14 (KJV)

No one is as deaf as the man who will not listen.

– Jewish Proverb quotes

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed reading these quotes. I've always loved the Moses scripture because I've never been a good speaker, have always been introverted, and now, the lesions on my brain have made it even more difficult at times when I am stressed, tired or nervous...so that scripture is encouraging to me. God is always bigger than our biggest problem, and I sometimes wonder if he gives them to us so we will be more dependent upon Him to be our strength. I know that's the way it seems to work with me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!