Pages

Friday, December 14, 2012

A Week in Pictures (#12)

The View from Here 12/7/2012

{To see a larger image, go here).

Sunset view from on top of the house. I knew it was going to be a beautiful sunset and I practically begged Dan to let me get up on the roof. Yes. Me. Afraid of heights! Get up on the roof! He set up the ladder. I climbed and then crawled to the top. Ha! No way was I going to stand up. He was more than a little amused at me. It was a gorgeous sunset.

Shopping 12/8/2012

We did a lot of shopping on this day – running around like a mad hatter. I had coupons and wanted to check out sales. We needed stuff for the house. Etc. and etc. It was a very full and busy day.

Decorated 12/9/2012

I needed an excuse to make these adorable melted snowmen cookies. I’m a huge fan of snowmen. Today’s challenge gave me that excuse. These cookies turned out really well. And, they were delicious; although, just on the sweet side due to all the frosting! I wasn’t a fan of the peanut butter flavor; but, Dan loved the taste.

Stripes 12/10/2012

A Trio of Stripes – Apron, Oven Mitten and Bowl! By the way, one of the colors on the apron is going to be used on the kitchen walls.

On the Shelf 12/11/2012

I collect the Hallmark ornaments trains. The problem is I do not like hanging them on the tree. We put the trains up on top of the craftsman style casing (trim) in the kitchen. This is just temporary until we get the casing/trim up in the den (living room). And yes, we are currently putting up the casing/trim on all the doors and windows throughout the house. I absolutely love the look! What we currently have is unfinished as we also need to paint them.

A bit a trivia all of you: Chessie, one of our cats, is actually named after the railroad mascot of the Chesapeake and Ohio Railway.

Sweet 12/12/2012

Mini M&Ms. I only eat these when I take drugs as I cannot swallow pills. Most drugs are nasty tasting. 'Nuff said.

’Tis the Season 12/13/2012

Luke 2: He is the Reason for the Season - not Santa Claus, not presents, not the tree or lights and not even mass. It's all about Jesus. Why did He come to earth as a baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!