Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wordy Wednesday: After the Storms


I woke up to tons of lightning one night. Dan said the wind was fierce and he thought he heard the chairs were blowing about. When I got up in the morning (January 25), this is what I found in the backyard.
The stalk from the Agave plant fell over. Yes, it's dead. It's been dead for a very long time. We just didn't know what to do. We still don't know. We tried pulling it out by ourselves; but, it's still rooted to the ground. It has since settled to almost being horizontal to the ground. We told the landlord about the plant; but, she's doesn't seem too concerned. I'm thankful that it fell on our side of the backyard instead over the fence into the neighbor's yard. In the meantime, what to do? What to do?

3 comments:

  1. Make agave nectar? That's an impressive plant!

    -K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew! That looks scary.Glad your safe.
    I just followed you on the new Linky...Please follow back so we can stay connected. Thanks, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that's scary. Hope the landlord goes through with his/her responsibilities.
    Following on linky now, hope you come follow too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!