Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tuesday's State of Affairs: A Finish!



With all that is going on in my life, I am amazed I managed to finish the backing to the Layer Cake quilt. We have been running around looking at houses and whatnot. I have also started up some work to be done around the house. My finger is real sore from doing book keeping yesterday and today not to mention balancing the checkbook which was a nightmare! Yes, I am old fashioned. I fear the death of ALL hard drives; so, I keep a paper record. Ha!

Anyway, Amy's Creative Side puts up a "One Thing, One Challenge" periodically. When she put one up last week, I decided to pursue the goal of "finishing up the backing" to the Layer Cake quilt. And, I managed to finish it in the nick of time!

I apologize for this poor quality picture. I did not have my handy dandy assistant to hold it up for me and it is currently dark and gloomy due to the weather. Anyway, it is done! finished! terminado! finito! I am so happy!

Here's a sneak peek into what I am doing next:

What in the world am I going to do? You will have to wait and see. Ha!

PS I just noticed that the colors are appropriate for Valentine's day. For those of you who celebrate this day, I hope it is/was a wonderful one! We do not celebrate this day much as we feel that everyday is Valentine's day. We are so blessed.

And now, I am off to rush and get ready to leave. We are going to view two houses. That should be fun in this weather. NOT!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting your finish in :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your back turned out wonderfully.

    Good luck in the house hung!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting the backing pieced! Sometimes, that can be the hardest part of a project for me. I'm just so excited to be done with the top that I feel like the project should be done and so I move on to something else instead of actually finishing. Ha!

    Happy house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I've started blogging...(a little more than a year), I've finished more quilty/fibery projects than in all of the years totaled since I started quilting.(about 35 years)

    There is a lot of blog-moet-vation =)

    hugZ,
    annie
    anniesrubyslipperz.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!