I am late with my post today; but, I was busy this morning. I thought I would go shopping since I do best in the mornings. Now, I am all tired and not quite feeling well. But, I wanted to post a picture of what I made.
It is funny remembering when I first went out to the "hangar" (detached garage) to use the power miter saw. I was determined to use the thing on my own. After all, Dan showed me how to use it and taught me all he could. I just needed to get over my fear of using power tools.
Anyway, I looked for a power switch all the while not touching the saw. I finally reached up and pushed the trigger switch on the handle and it immediate revved up scaring me to death. I was then telling myself, "Calm down. It's okay. There is no need to look for a power switch as it's already on".
I then proceeded to cut up a bunch of leftover yardsticks (from projects in the sewing room) and glued them together. The first step was gluing together a bunch forming the base or bottom of the divider. I let that dry over night and then I cut some more yardsticks to create the box and dividers. I glued those on and left it alone to dry.
It is not perfect. In fact, the OCD person inside of me screams because it is slightly crooked. But, I have to admit that I am quite proud of the result of this project. I did it all from start to finish -- measuring, cutting, gluing, etc., and etc. without help from Dan.
The next one should be better because I plan to use a square to make sure the corners are... well... squared. Yes, I plan to make a few more. Each one will be different fitting a specific need.