Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Feline Friday

It has been awhile since I posted recent pictures of my cats. I was out roaming trying to find wildflowers to shoot when I decided to see if I can get pictures of my cats exploring a compost pile left behind previous owners.

Gracie (with Abby in background); January 27, 2015

Abby Gail; January 27, 2015

Both of them love exploring and being on this pile. I think it is because it gives them a camouflage (hiding) spot along with a vantage point (higher ground). The grass/weeds are allowed to flourish there as we cannot mow the spot and we are lazy when it comes to using the weed eater.

The cats are not going to be happy with us when we level the pile. Yes, we are going to get rid of that pile soon as I do not like its presence on the land. We have a compost tumbler that serves its purpose and we will have a nice burn pit built soon to burn off brush and stuff. So, having this old pile mar the landscape is not really necessary and the dirt will fill up a low spot that was left behind by a greenhouse that was torn down by previous owners. We have a lot of work ahead of us. *sigh*

14 comments:

  1. Abby Gail and Gracie are so cute. Adorable photos, Lee Ann! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post.. Have a happy Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cats but what is that on the second cat? Happy Valentine's Day. Have a lovely weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cats look wild with that background. I love it. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful shots of the gorgeous hunters ~ Beautiful!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cats! It does sound like you have a lot of hard work ahead of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Margaret AdamsonAbby Gail is harness and leash trained --She is wearing a harness that is slightly too big for her. It once was Gracie's harness; but, Gracie doesn't need one anymore as she sticks around and obeys me most of the time. Both of them knows "come" and "go home".

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Vanessa MorganThey kind of do look wild, don't they? Only Abby Gail is a wild one. Gracie is pure domesticated cat. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!