Pages

Monday, December 12, 2011

Pictorial Monday: For Foodie Lovers! {Bread}

Way back in August, we turned the kitchen into a photography studio and Dan took all the pictures. For the life of me, I cannot remember which recipe I used to make this bread. This is the closest recipe I could find that matched the pictures. We've since moved on to making wheat and honey-oat bread. So, the original recipe is lost.

There are tons of recipes out there for making bread and they're all more or less the same. I remember that I chose to use active yeast instead of instant because it was what I had on hand AND I'm most comfortable with active yeast. We are trying to use instant yeast now that we have that on hand.

I also know I chose to NOT make it in my kitchen-aid mixture like the original recipe indicated. I just love making bread the old-fashioned way. So, I chose to do it all by hand.


Mix warm water and yeast per package directions

Add the rest of the warm water

Was this warm butter? It looks like melted butter to me!

I know this was salt!

Dump the Flour

Start mixing



Start Kneading

Two extra hands help!

Making bread is very therapeutic!

Dump in a bowl that has been buttered up or just use Pam!

Cover and set it aside in a out-of-the-way spot (I use the oven if not in use).
Let rise until double in size.

Magic!

Punch down.

Roll out.

If I remember correctly, the width is approximately the size of the loaf pan and the length is about twice the size of the loaf pan.


Roll up into a log shape. Tuck ends in.

Dump it into a greased loaf pan and let it rise until double in size.

Magic!

Bake until done.


Yummo!

Ohhh, butter makes it even better!

If I remember correctly, the original recipe calls for doing this several times. I only did it once. It's fattening enough! But, it sure does make the bread look nicer.


Slice

And, serve!

This bread is delicious and we made it several times. But, I have since moved on to making more challenging and healthier bread. I really really like the honey-oat version I found. I need to make it several more times to iron out the kinks in the recipe. After all, I am a novice baker of breads. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!