Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wordy Wednesday

While at North Padre Island, I spied this plant at The Padre Island Burger Company. I really loved this plant. It reminded me of the Spider Lilies except the flowers hang from branches and each one has a "tail". Here is a closeup of one flower:

Does anybody know the name of this plant? I would so love to find and plant one at our future home. We have Spider Lily bulbs that grew at my Dad's lake house. I took some bulbs and planted them at our house in Houston. When we moved to San Antonio, I dug up and took some bulbs with me. I'm hoping they will grow at our future house. Anyway, this plant would be a perfect complement to our Spider Lilies.

1 comment:

  1. found it! hibiscus schizopetalus.

    http://toptropicals.com/catalog/uid/HIBISCUS_SCHIZOPETALUS.htm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!