Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Scenes of North Padre Island

We went to North Padre Island Friday night (September 10, 2011) and stayed through Sunday afternoon. I had a wonderful relaxing time. I am a beach girl at heart. Here are some random pictures taken over the weekend. I noted the ones Dan took underneath all his pictures. The ones without his name underneath are the ones I took.

I woke up so excited and happy long before the sun came up. I decided to see if I could capture the sun rising over the ocean. I quickly got dressed, grabbed my camera, woke Dan up to tell him I was going onto the beach, and promptly left him to his sleep.




I started wandering down the beach after the sun was completely up. Early mornings and late evenings are the best times to take pictures because the sun can be so harsh midday. Dan joined me a little later and we just wandered and had a good time.


{Someone had a crab for lunch or dinner.}
Before we knew it, it was time for lunch. We went to Padre Island Burger Company. We've been there and the burgers are "oh my goodness" delicious. When we came back, we grabbed our popup tent, threw snacks into a small cooler and headed out to the beach to vegetate.

{taken with an Olympus digital water camera}

{taken with an Olympus digital water camera}

I did a lot of swimming, people watching, and exploring. Dan joined me a few times. I think he was just happy sitting underneath the shade watching me do my thing. The time got away from us and soon, I was hungry. So, we gathered up all our crap and headed back to the hotel. We went to Padre Pizzeria for dinner. We had a white pizza and oh my goodness, it was so delicious. We then took a walk along the beach one last time for the day.

{photo by Dan}

{photo by Dan}

I was up early the next morning again. I tend to rise with the sun. This time Dan joined me out on the beach. I took pictures of the sun rising again because I did not know if the ones I took the day before were good. I wanted at least a couple good pictures. I was surprise I had more than a couple that turned out decently.

Once the sun rose, we wandered for a bit before going back to the hotel to check out.

{Photo by Dan}

{Photo by Dan}

{Photo by Dan}

Looks like the man is walking on water, does it not? He is actually surfing.





I hope you all enjoyed this trip down memory lane. Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Makes me want to head for the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My Goodness! Your photos are amazing! And so are Dan's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!