Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

DIY: Garage Sale Dresser

Found at a Garage Sale (Along with a Mirror) for $30.00 on June 27, 2015

{Note: We took off two handles before I remembered to take a before picture.}

Dan also helped me with the sanding. June 28, 2015

We also sanded a lot of the groves and whatnot by hand.

{There is a picture of me sanding in a "What I've Been Doing Lately" post.}

We primed and painted the drawers and dresser using leftover paint from previous projects. The gray paint actually came from my laundry room makeover.

I used steel wool to sand down and clean the handles and then sprayed painted them black using paint specifically made for metal.

The dresser now resides in our master closet. I am extremely pleased with how it turned out. It is such a happy dresser. The only thing I changed out was the knob as the original was crappy. The new one is actually a cheap wooden knob that I painted black.