Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2015

What I've Been Doing Lately III

  • Abby Gail has regained her appetite and is now a little piggy. She is slowly gaining back her weight. I have been weighing her on Sunday mornings and she is now approximately 6.7 pounds. She is keeping me busy.
  • Dan’s Mom came to town to visit for a week late in July. We did the usual things and took her to see a few sights. We dragged her along window shopping for a small travel camper, did some “junkin’ (antique shopping) in New Braunfels and stopped by the oldest Texas bakery, went to the Riverwalk, had dinner, and took a ride on a tour boat and did some more junkin’ in a nearby town. We also had some lazy days. I think she enjoyed herself and I know she wants to come back soon.
  • I have been going to garage sales once again. I just love picking up things I know I will use such as cheap mason jars in excellent condition (FYI: I never reuse the lids). I also like traveling around and getting to know our little town which is not as small as I thought. The population is just over 1100; but, the spread (of land) is quite large.

    I found the above mirror tiles. One of the packages only had five tiles and I asked that the price be $2.50 (instead of $3.00) and she agreed. I picked up the two packages for $5.50. Yes, I have plans for them! I have to resort to making something because I could not find anything out there (to purchase). It is going to be a challenge to create and I pray that I will not end up hurting myself in the process. I also pray that Dan will not hurt himself too as he will be helping me make a frame.

  • The entryway is completed. We just need to hang up hooks. I am thinking of using some old doorknobs I hung onto for eons.
  • I turned some old drawers into shelves. We finally hung the drawers along with some shelving for the cats in my studio. I think Abby will be happy that she can get up high on occasion now. I will be posting pictures soon.
  • {Who is that shameless hussy slaving away on the dresser?

    Shot on June 28, 2015 by Dan}

  • The DIY dresser is almost finished! It just needs one knob (pull) fixed.

  • On July 19, we made Raspberry Peach jam! It is extremely delicious. Dan thinks the taste is similar to strawberry jam. Now, the question is: Was it worth it? You have to see this picture to understand why I am questioning my need to make jams and pickles. I think it is worth the effort in spite of the mess it made. I am seriously thinking about investing in a taller pot and/or a splatter shield. SMH (Shaking My Head}.
  • I started making a folding craft table. The above picture shows the legs. Everything is stained and the pieces are ready to be put together. We had to fine tune the legs as the plans we used stunk to high heaven (was full of errors).
  • "The Castle" designed by Teresa Wentzler; Unfinished, Approximately 3/4 done!

  • I am still working on the UFO (Unfinished Object) cross stitch project. ‘Nuff said. By the way, you can see the progress by referring back to pictures in my previous “What I’ve Been Doing Lately” posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!