Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2015

Slapdash Saturday

  • Sacred Heart quilt

    Zentangle inspiration! I immediately thought of Zentangles upon seeing the quilting on this quilt. It’s awesome!

  • Eight of History’s Greatest Cat Ladies

  • Patchwork Pincusion Tutorial

    {Sewing; Quilting}

  • It’s Okay to be a Craptastic Quilter

    {Warning: Language!}

    If you make the f*cking Quilt you are a quilter and I encourage you be to the very best ( read that as happy) quilter you can be and not to let the quilting of others make you feel bad about the work you are doing now.

    If you are happy with the quilting you are doing then power on. If you want to learn more then dive in, there is a world of resources out there from you LQS to online classes and books.

    As quilters we can be the greatest support or the worst critics of each other and each day we can choose which sandbox we want to play in. Personally I am choosing the one that lifts all quilters up.. feel free to join me, I will be in the one in the corner with the cookies and a Margarita.

  • Why I’m Coming out as a Christian Who Doesn’t go to Church

    {Inspirational}

    But the truth is I don't think I'm alone. I think there are a lot of us out there. Jesus lovers who don't fit the sunday-church-goer-midweek-meeting-mold and who are scared of the reaction other Christians will have towards them if they knew.
    I'm coming out as a Christian who doesn't go to church, but is still deeply in love with a God who hung on a cross to ensure I would live with him forever.

    I'm coming out as a Christian who doesn’t go to church, who still has doubts and fears and questions about God, but loves him anyway.

    My only salvation is Jesus.

    My salvation isn't about what I do on a Sunday, whether I write devotionals, if I have a whole book of the bible memorized. It's Jesus plus nothing. Always.

  • Not All Olive Oil is Created Equal

    Fraudulent olive oil has been in the news. What’s being done about it?

    Fraudulent oil is an ongoing problem in the U.S. University of California at Davis did a study and found out almost 80 percent of the generic brands were found not to be extra virgin.

    What is the government doing to prevent this?

    In Europe you’re breaking the law if you’re mixing refined oil with extra virgin. Producers can be fined and penalized for that. But in the U.S., no one is pulling oil off the shelf to test olive oils. If that did happen, there would be little to no repercussions. I consider it the Wild, Wild West in the U.S.

  • When God Makes You Wait

    Wherever you are at today know that God is right beside you and that there is a purpose for you. Even if that purpose is to wait.
    Don’t give up just because you don’t see anything happening today.
    Don’t allow your waiting period to make you hopeless about what tomorrow will bring.
    Instead, let it build your faith and give you even greater hope for what God has prepared for you.
    He made some of the greatest men of faith wait.
    Don’t be discouraged if He makes you wait as well.
    He will come through for you, just like He came through for them.
  • This family has two sets of twins and that’s not even what makes it so incredibly unique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!