Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Macro Monday (Morning Excursion I)

When I go out exploring early in the morning as the sun is rising and the dew is upon the ground, I will often find critters sunning themselves. This is how I like to go butterfly hunting (for pictures) in the springtime. But, on this day, I spied a different kind of flying critter, a Bee Fly.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

I snapped a picture as soon as I spied the critter. But, I was hoping to get closer and much to my amazement, it was fearless (letting me get closer).

And closer...

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you really caught it in the last image... well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I generally like bee flies, most are beneficial, but I read of one kind that parasitizes bees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At Hannah: The bee that is a parasite to other bees looks almost like those bees. This particular bee fly is not one of them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!