Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Wordy Wednesday

Look! My Bruises Matches my Boots!

Ignore the old lady and focus on the bruises and the boots! This was taken on August 8, 2013 – three days after I became very sick. In spite of not feeling well, I saw the humor of my bruises matching my boots and had Dan take a picture for me. At least, I thought it was funny at the time. It is a girl thing, you know? Wanting something to match. Hey, at least something matched that day! Ha!

Looking at that picture now, I do not think it is so humorous. I think it is the bad memories of what went down at the time coloring my world. I am not going to make excuses for the way I looked (and dressed). It is what it is. Life does go on for the cats whether we feel good or not. I have always tried to make them happy by letting them go out every day (in the evenings) and this was my first time stepping outside since I "crashed". And besides, I mostly just sat there on the front steps while Dan monitored (went after) the cats.

PS: I am much better now; although, I still have my bad days once or twice a week. My health does seem to be slowly improving. At least, I am feeling more like myself most days. And, I actually went outside this morning to wander a bit in the yard and take pictures. My energy (and enthusiasm) is slowly coming back.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! :( Looks like it was pain-mous!

    I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better, and more like yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. While the sickness is no fun and the needles are an arch enemy, I think you are beautiful. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!