Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

Macro Monday (Interesting Critters)

Those antennae!

{To see a larger image, go here.}

Both of these were shot on June 8, 2013. I do not have time to research what these critters are.

For the first image, I was curious about the bug which couldn't have been more than 1/4-inch long. So, I took several shots with the macro lens and much to my amazement, the antennas are very unique!

For the second image, I just liked the markings and took several shots of that critter.

The only reason why I spotted either one of these critters is because they moved!

3 comments:

  1. Great shots of these interesting critters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one looks like a chafer but they're usually bigger! They do have 'leafed' antennae like that though. It looks like a teeny tiny June bug!

    The second is a cricket of some kind by the look of it!

    I do love both pictures. Insect macros are my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are fascinating!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!