Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Random and Orderly Pictures

I have not been posting pictures of the week of late due to the fact I just have not had the time nor the inclination to take pictures and/or process them. Below is a few favorite pictures taken the last couple of months. Enjoy.

Storm Clouds; 5/25/2013
{To see a larger image, go here.}


Faded Poppy in the Backyard; 6/9/2013


Flower in the Backyard; 6/9/2013


Dragonfly; 6/9/2013


Scissor-tailed Flycatcher; 6/11/2013 (with long lens)
{To see a larger image, go here.}


Butterfly; 6/18/2013


Cool Signature Web Art! 6/18/2013

By the way, this was a very tiny spider – less than an inch long. With the wind blowing, I knew I would not get a great picture; but, I just had to try to capture this gorgeous signature web art!


Garden Spider Feasting on Another Insect; 6/30/2013


Cool Looking Garden Spider! – Different from the Common Ones Around Here; 7/1/2013


Garden Spider with its Mate; 7/2/2013

By the way, this is the same garden spider captured feasting on another bug above.


Cumulonimbus Cloud; 7/4/2013
{To see a larger image, go here.}

The sun was setting and I absolutely loved the coloring of this storm cloud. It is difficult to capture clouds in their glory; but, I tried.


Black Widow; 7/6/2013

Most likely male as it was on the same web as a much larger black widow. Dan killed the larger one and then asked for my camera because he could see this tiny one had gorgeous markings. When he finished taking pictures, he killed this one too.


Daring Spider; 7/6/2013

I discovered this daring spider with a web which was rather unusual hereabouts. Daring spiders rarely have webs; so, I assume this is a nest with eggs (or baby spiders). I found it fascinating this spider could go all the way straight through its webbing – it was a funnel web.


A Gorgeous Sunset; 7/6/2013
{To see a larger image, go here.}


Unknown Spider (Green Lynx?); 7/14/2013

This thing scared the crap out of me when it came out of my gardening gloves when I shook it to make sure nothing was there. (I left the pair outside on the patio table). I quickly grabbed my camera to take a picture.


Unknown Spider (Green Lynx?); 7/14/2013

This scared the crap out of me again when I slowly went around it to take another picture. It is extremely aggressive and extremely quick. As a result, this is not a very good picture because I was unwilling to get very close to the critter. And yes, this was shot with my macro lens.

I have NO clue to what particular species this is although the name green lynx is tickling my mind. To be honest, I never want to see one again. My gloves are now stored inside the house at all times.