Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Macro Monday {Walking Stick}


Popping on for another Macro Monday.
I heart Macro.
Your Sunday Best.

Big-A Gigantic Monster Walking Stick

I have never seen a Walking Stick this big. I have discovered that everything, I mean EVERYTHING, seems bigger at our "Ranch House". The first big insect I closely examined was shaped and acted like an ant. While examining it, I made a comment to Dan who was standing next to me that it "looks and acts like a Big-A Gigantic Monster ant". We both laughed at my description and it now has stuck with everything we see that seems abnormally huge. Just yesterday, Dan said to me with a look of surprise amazement in his eye that he just saw the weirdest, biggest-A, gigantic, monster bumblebee.

Anyway, here is another picture of the walking stick for size reference:

6 comments:

  1. Can't say cute, but very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhmm kind of big, yeah! great that you've captured it in photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun ~ little tall for me ~ You must have giants ~ Great photos! (A Creative Harbor)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool -- I've only seen one here on the farm since we moved here. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous macro! I have never personally seen one of these.

    If you get a chance, come visit my on my blog and if you have not already done so, please "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!