Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Verton W. Lenfest Sr.


I interrupt my blogging break. I just had to post. My family received sad news. I just... I just had to write. And, I just had to post.

My Uncle Verton, my dad’s eldest brother, has passed away. Upon hearing the news, the pain of sorrow hit me like you would not believe. This surprised me big time; but, it should not have.

{Picture dug up from my dad’s archives as my album is packed away. One of these days, I'm going to scan my pictures.}

This is how I remember him. My earliest memory is of him meeting my mother, my brothers and me at the airport. He was smiling, laughing and waving. I immediately fell in love with that man. I believe I was about 4 years old at that time. He always had a sunny disposition, and always happy and joyful in all things. I met him many more times since then and loved him each and every single time. He and his wife, Elizabeth who passed away in 2009, were always people to meet whenever you can.

Verton Jr. and Merle Sr.
{Picture dug up from my dad’s archives. Taken around their Mother’s 91st birthday}

This is how I remember them – Uncle Verton and my dad. They were always laughing and bickering –all in good humor. They both had an immense love for one another and for all things family including their younger brother and sister. And, they both gave BIG hugs.

I was always planning on going back to Massachusetts and Maine; but, I never did. If you ever get a hankering to see and visit with family and friends, don't put it off. You may regret it.

I can see Uncle Verton in my mind's eye having a grand o' reunion in Heaven with everyone who has gone before us. He will sorely be missed by those who are left behind.

While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.

~John Taylor
Uncle Verton’s Obit

1 comment:

  1. Sending you condolences on your loss. It's just never easy to lose a loved one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!