Pages

Friday, April 14, 2017

Selfies {Beekeeping 101 course} and Some History (with Pictures)

Who Are These People?

We attended a beginner's Beekeeping Course on April 8th. It was a lot of fun for me and a brand new experience for Dan. Due to this class, I think it has helped convinced and encouraged Dan to partner up with me. But first, I want to build some shade for our future beehives as we do not have mature trees on our land. I have given myself 'till next spring (2018) to do all that we need to do to get some hives started.

Here is a little history about me: My Dad was a hobby beekeeper in the 1970s. I've always been fascinated with those bees. And fearless. Dad even took me to a friend of his that helped harvest some honey which was the coolest experience a girl could have. I wanted to own and maintain several hives when I grow up and now that I have space and land to do so, I am determined to have a few.

Dad on the left and my Gram (Viola Mae) on the right. circa 1970s

My Gram (Viola Mae). circa 1970s.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!