Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

An Easter Visitor

I was outside tending to the garden when out of the corner of my eye I saw this Red Admiral {Vanessa atalanta} butterfly walking on the dirt towards me. He was flapping his wings like a beacon yelling "Hey, do you see me"?

I talked to it for a few seconds and then put my hand down on the ground and he walked onto my finger(s) with a little encouragement. I was more than floored because most butterflies are skittish.

He rested on me for a few minutes. It was both beautiful and ugly. And, so peaceful and brave.

I could not help but think of my Dad. It is a long story; but, butterflies remind me of him.

I think both Dan and I were amazed at this little visitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!