Pages

Friday, April 21, 2017

Abby Gail and Gracie

Abby Gail:

Dreaming of Herding Cattle? {April 13}

After I took this picture, she started to go across the street. I would not let her as I had the sprinkler going in the garden and I needed to shut it off within a few minutes. (Note. I use a timer. I can be lazy and use sprinklers before 10:00am on Sundays and Thursdays here where I live).

She isn't going outside as much as she used to as I am paranoid after seeing a baby snake on the move. We need to set that brush pile out back afire. She has grown up and matured so much that she does not need as much activity. However, when she does, she does. In other words, she goes nuts.

She made me think of Sheldon's lullaby from the Big Bang Theory TV series:

Soft kitty, warm kitty,
little ball of fur

Happy kitty, sleepy kitty
purr, purr, purr.

And yes, she lays on me like this all the time.

Gracie:

{April 17}

She is doing well after a long struggle with skin and ear infections. We saw a cat dermatologist and are now attacking her suspected allergies from three possible sides -- food, environmental and flea -- at one time. She is currently free of both the skin and ear infections and will be on medication and the special diet for another five weeks or so. Once past this time, we will start determining what her allergies are by either taking away the special diet or the medication (for environmental allergies). She is much happier, more active and so much more normal these days. She shocked me when I turned around and saw her on the back of this chair.

{April 15}

This was the first time she went without the cone of shame under supervision. She was extremely happy bathing herself. Both Dan and I are pleased that she rarely sought to scratch herself and whenever she did, it was mostly the normal scratching that cats do. And yes, she is missing fur around her face and neck; but, it is growing back slowly and surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!