Pages

Thursday, April 27, 2017

I am a nosy observant person -- this is all part of being deaf and being constantly aware of my surroundings. Plus, I take joy seeing others puttering about taking care of the things they enjoy such as their animals (e.g. chickens) and gardens.

When we first moved here, I was extremely happy to see an older couple that often puttered about on their land behind us. They are “the gardeners” in my mind. I often wished I could see their goats and chickens; but, they are hidden from our view. It always thrills me to see a Billy Goat or two on the rare occasions they are let loose around their house.

This couple is always dressed in a long sleeved shirt and a wide brim hat… until recently. I noticed the lady out and about in her nighty and robe. I would like to think that I am the inspiration for that because I will often go outside with my lounge wear.

I used to worry about going outside in my loungewear (PJ pants and a t-shirt or a sweatsuit in the winter). But now, I just do not care. On the days when I am not feeling well, it is too much effort to change into street clothes and it takes a lot out of me to do this one tiny task. Instead, I will just put on a long-sleeved work shirt (over the t-shirt) and my snake proof boots to take care of my garden and cats. At least, the things I am passionate about will not get neglected.

It pleased and tickled me to see the gardener lady taking care of a few things she cares about in her nighty and robe. There is nothing to be ashamed of as long as you are decent and covered. I imagine she is taking care of her chickens. I even saw her once in the morning getting the burn pile started in her nighty and robe.

I just pray that she is not sick and if she is, she will get well soon. I know all too well how a body can get depressed when you cannot do anything and if you try too hard, you will crash and burn. If I continue to take care of the things I love, I will be okay (in the long run). I hope and pray she will be too and return to her normal self soon. And if she does not, that is okay too as long as she remains active like me.

By the way, I refuse to wear pajamas when I go out and about (e.g. shopping). If I cannot make the effort to get dressed in street clothes, then I am not well enough to go out and about. I refuse to look like the people of Walmart. After all, I still have some standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!