Pages

Thursday, March 2, 2017

I've been busy... Gardening

I already obtained the first fruits from plants I had purchased several weeks ago. We transplanted the strawberries into hanging baskets and I hope they survive.

We were quite in a rush to till and amend the soil, plant and start seeds last Sunday (February 26). We decided to amend only the portion we needed to be done right away as it was threatening to rain. The previous weekend was not ideal due to high winds. We will not be in town this coming weekend. So, we only had that one day to do what I needed to do to get the garden started.

It was hard work and I ended up sore from the efforts. When I went out Monday morning to take care of the garden, I ended up with the trembles (shakes) I could not stop. It was from over exertion. I need to invest in sports drinks just for these times.

I am keeping an eye on the seeds I have started and hope to transplant them after we finish amending the soil on the weekend of March 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!