Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Word Games {in Journaling}

Sometimes I do silly things when I try to get myself to write.

For example, on this day (December 19), all I could write was the word “blank” because I was feeling blank. And, I sat there for a while. I then started playing with that one word changing, removing or adding a letter. I then started writing with a 1-3-5 syllable sentence scheme. I think you will understand once you see it below. And no, this is NOT poetry. It’s just a game I created on the spur of the moment to write some utter nonsense and get my creative juices flowing.

Now please, do not judge me. This is just part of my writing (or journal if you prefer). It’s not meant to be perfect and there will be spelling and grammar mistakes (intentional or not). I do a little editing here and there; but, for the most part, it is an unedited raw form.

I was just having some fun. And, I think I succeeded. At least, I wrote something and had fun at the same time. And, honestly, I thought some of you might enjoy reading this. It first starts out a little serious and structured and then becomes downright silly. There is even one place where it should be two sentences; but, I didn't include a period. So, it is a conundrum. What am I really saying? Also, you might actually be surprised or shocked by the ending.

Blank

is this sheet,

the opposite of

Black.

Not a mark

on which I feel the

lack.

Emptiness,

forever my friend,

ack!

Why is this?

Constantly I must

ask.

In my soul

darkness comes like an

asp.

Sorrow rolls,

Agony-Anguish,

Gasp.

Why must I

endure and fail to

Grasp.

it’s futile.

From within my soul

rasp.

I’ve become

unseen and actions

rash.

I must stop

the disappearing

trash

the Silence.

My presence becomes

brash.

Visible

became I without

bras.


Ha!

1 comment:

  1. You might not have intended it to be poetry, but it sounds very poetic to me. I really like it! Especially the surprise ending. :-)

    I found this definition: "Writing that formulates a concentrated imaginative awareness of experience in language chosen and arranged to create a specific emotional response through meaning, sound, and rhythm/"

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/poetry



    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!