Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

More Five Minutes

I am feeling sad and melancholic. I thought I would share a few more Five Minutes stuff I have written. Within most of these five minute writings, I included prompts and notes as it is my usual habit. And, some five minutes were used to save thoughts (quotes) that came to me in a spur of the moment. And, as always, please do not judge as these were five minute journal writings.

The following was written on August 22, 2014.

Evil comes from within.
(~Moi)

{I was reading Wicked by Gregory Maguire when two main characters, Elphaba and Galinda, was having a discussion about evil. Galinda asked “where is evil located?” As soon as I read this, the above thought (quote) crossed my mind.}

Evil is simply the absence of good just like darkness is simply the absence of light. You have to nurture light in order to keep the darkness at bay. Evil flourishes if one denies(, ignores, or rejects) goodness.

I believe that those who commits atrocities desire or lust after evil be it rape, incest, murder, etc., and etc. Some have hidden behind religions to give legitimacy to their evil ways. The world has gone mad and the good people allowed it to flourish in the name of political correctness. It is so sad.

The below was writing on August 26, 2014.

Note: To read more about Doctor Who, go here.

[inside a dilapidated house]

Kathy Nightingale: What did you come here for anyway?
Sally Sparrow: I love old things. They make me feel sad.
Kathy Nightingale: What's good about sad?
Sally Sparrow: It's happy for deep people.

One of my favorite episodes of Doctor Who TV series is “Blink”. I could watch this episode over and over again. “Beware the weeping angels.” In fact, I have not yet deleted this episode from the DVR. There are so many quotes that have become famous; but, the above is by far my favorite and not quite so famous.

I think the reason is due to the fact that I can identify with what Sally said. Yes, old things make me feel sad. I often wonder about the people, the history, etc., and etc. behind old things. At the same time, it makes me happy to roam among them.

I would rather go to a junk (antique) shop than to a restaurant for dinner. I would rather attend a genuine flea market over getting a bouquet of roses (cut flowers). I would rather go to garage sales in hopes of landing a cool old item than receive diamonds. I would rather receive small meaningful gifts over expensive thoughtless items. This is who I am. This is the way to my heart.

{Yes, I am weird. I am not your typical woman.)

The following is a brief incomplete poetry (ditty) I wrote on September 2, 2014.

Every day is cloudy.

Every day I pray for rain.

Every day laughs in my face.

Every day I seek to remain sane.

Do not ask me why I wrote this. For the life of me, I cannot remember the details and sad to say, I did not include any prompts or notes like I did with most of my other five minute writings.

The following was written on September 3, 2014.

Rain causes lethargic spiders to dance.
~Moi

This thought came to me while watching my Garden Spider in the rain. She drank some of the water and then dropped straight down a ways. She was very active –all over her web and beyond. I noticed this same behavior among other garden spiders nearby. (There are three others beside Charlotte, the one I am observing.) This was the first time it rained in over six weeks and it was not enough to soak the earth.

The below was written on September 11, 2014.

The written word is so inaccurate. I meant what you said pretty much.
~written to me by someone I know.

Who is behind the written word? Why is it inaccurate? Is it because you did not take the time to write what you really meant? Or, were you not careful enough with your grammar? Why do people assume that others will understand what you said with so few (careless) written words? We cannot read your mind!

Words, be it written or verbal, are powerful whether one realizes it or not. If one cannot be responsible and sensitive enough to take the time to write what he/she really thinks (means), then please, please do not bother to try.

I am now going off on a tangent that is related and yet not related to what I wrote above. I think I am going into a full on rant. And, thank God, no one can stop me because this is My. Personal. Space.

Why do people wish to pass the blame?

Why do people shrug off their careless words?

Why do people refuse to acknowledge or validate others for their own thoughts and feelings?

Why are people NOT listening? And, taking other people seriously?

I could go on and on with the questions that have no absolute answers.

Could it be people truly just do not care?

Could it be people are so self-centered that they cannot see others are in pain?

I think, maybe, just maybe, the true answer is:

No one wants to acknowledge the dragons in the room.

Note: “Here be Dragons” is a famous phrase often used on maps. It basically means dangerous or unexplored territories. The “dragons in the room” is my reference to topics no one wants to talk about and/or considers embarrassing or dangerous (either to them or others).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!