Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wordy Wednesday


Trash Art: The Letter Q

Dan and I were shopping at a little strip center nearby where we live. For some odd reason, trash was scattered about along a little section of sidewalk and pavement of the strip. I glanced down and spied the above piece of trash art on the pavement.

It is a quilt composed of hexies (hexagons) and it appealed to the wannabe quilter in me. One of the most famous quilt pattern composed of hexies is the Grandmother's Flower Garden. I have been wanting to make a quilt composed of hexies. However, I do not know if I will ever make one.

This piece of paper also made me feel sad - a child's piece of art was thrown away. However, it is understandable because these childish works of art can pile up and create clutter.

I felt compelled to take a picture of it; so, I took one with my phone camera. And now, I am sharing it with you all.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't believe you found that beautiful work of art blowing around with other trash! Too bad it was in the trash. It looks like such a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you found it and appreciated it, all was not lost. I'm sure Adja would be pleased to know that you found it and thought enough of it to take a picture and share it with others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a hand pieced grandma's flower garden that I did before Merle and I got married. Have never quilted it though. One of these days I will.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!