Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

Update on Mother & Memorial Day


Mother is doing well. Every time I return to visit and "stay" with her, it seems like she shows improvement. This time, she walked all the way up hall to the nurses’ station and back down to her room with her own walker! Some days, she has to take a break. But, she has made it without a single break (sit down). She is also walking to the shower on bath days (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays).

It seems like she is stronger, she can get her arm underneath herself and push up. But, she still cannot sit up on her own. She is also more optimistic. She is constantly saying “I’m going home, I’m going home”; especially when she’s up walking. She’s very determined that she’s going to get out of that place. So, we’ll see.

I know I haven’t lost hope yet. I really want her to come back home. But, it’s not my call to make…

Anyway, she really enjoyed the hamburger we made for her on Memorial Day. We tailgated: we used a small baby Weber on the tailgate of Dan’s truck to cook the burgers right there on the Rehab property.

By the way, Dan had a huge piece of plywood on which he set an old cookie sheet and the chimney starter – pieces of charcoal dropped down from the chimney starter onto the cookie sheet. It got so hot that it scorched the plywood! It scared me at first because I thought it was on fire. Ha! Ha!

I took pictures with my “new” camera. I’m still learning how to use it and still have a long way to go to getting some nice pictures. Here is a few from tailgating.





2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that your Mom is doing so well! I'm impressed that you had a BBQ right there on the spot. LOL! What kind of camera did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kara! It's a hand-me-down, thus the quotes around the word "new". Dan finally upgraded to a new camera and I have his old Canon EOS Rebel.

    I did get a brand new Macro Lens though and boy howdy, it's MACRO. LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!