Pages

Monday, May 16, 2016

Weekly Recap #19


{May 9 through May 15, 2016}

It may look like I did not do much this past week; but, in reality, I did a lot. I cleaned house (spring cleaning style) and did the usual chores. I am looking forward to just doing usual chores and sewing/crafting again!

Gardening

  • I continued to dehydrate Parsley. The last bunch was done Saturday. I am going to start dehydrating some Basil. I have already picked five ripe pickling cucumbers. It will soon be time to make some pickles as a bunch of them should be ripe at the same time.

DIY Shed aka "The Barn"
  • One of my brothers and his wife came late Friday night to help out with the barn over the weekend. The lofts and the trusses for the roof were put up! I am so happy! And, I am so relieved because I was worried about being able to do this with just Dan and me. The next step is the porch.

Quilting; Crafts
  • My sister-in-law invaded my sewing room (I honestly do not mind). She discovered that I had some unopened packages, fussed at me and demanded that I opened them. I explained to her that it was delayed gratification and motivation for me to complete a section of the Gypsy Wife quilt. She understood but was still amused. She also liked my design wall and thought the blocks and strips for the Gypsy Wife quilt was colorful and scrappy.


It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

~ J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!