Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2015

What I've Been Doing Lately IV


It has been awhile since I last did a "What I've Been Doing Lately" post. I have procrastinated long enough and since I am feeling poorly, I thought I write up the latest update.

  • Finshed the DIY Foldable Craft Table. I am pleased with the end result in spite of the terrible plans we used. I have already started using it by cutting up a brand new t-shirt to covert into canvas art. I need to do more soon and take pictures of the process.

  • My oldest grand niece was in a major accident late in August pursuing a passion of hers. When I first heard the news, I cried and was so scared for her and the family. I cannot imagine what went through the Momma's heart. I cannot imagine what my grand niece went through when the accident occurred. By all reports, she (my grand niece) is recovering nicely even though she is going crazy not being able to be active. Her mother is keeping her distracted by fostering animals. First, it was a baby goat. Currently, it is a sweet dog. I think they are fostering animals until she can go back to actively pursuing her passion which will be for several months. Yes, she wants to return in spite of what occurred. She is one brave girl and honestly, I am thrilled she wants to return. I just don't want any more accidents to happen!

  • We took a short vacation (9/17 - 918) to Padre Island. I took a few pictures and I will post them soon if they are good enough to post. We also went to Fredericksburg Trade Days (9/19) and the San Antonio Home and Garden Show (9/20) where I finally got a telescoping flag pole I have been wanting for several years. It was a nice long weekend and I think Dan was glad to return to work to get a vacation from a vacation. Ha!
  • I discovered I lost a 30+ year old filling in one of my back molars back in August. I knew I was going to need a crown and went to see a dentist. While at the dentist, it was discovered that my wisdom tooth, over the years, cut into the tooth that lost the filling. As a result, it is impossible to put a crown onto the tooth. Due to the fact that the roots extend into the sinus cavity, I will need to see an oral surgeon to extract the teeth. Speaking of which, this is probably why I kept having recurring pain in my lower sinus cavities. Anyway, I have yet to schedule an appointment. They are not bothering me at the moment; but, I know it will need to be taken care of in the future. I am just scared to death of the process.
  • We took a long weekend (9/25 - 9/27) and helped with my folk's estate sale. Two of my brothers and their wives were there. One of them did the vast majority of the work and I thank them from the bottom of my heart. All in all, it was a successful sale (and weekend). The house was officially put on the market this past Tuesday (10/6).

  • I am still working on the UFO (Unfinished Object) Cross Stitch project. I am so thrilled that I am on the final leg – the tedious back stitching. I was hoping to be done with it by my birthday – October 13. But, I think it will be finished later than I planned. {You can see the progress via past "What I've been Doing Lately" posts.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!