Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Picture Dump: Signs of Gardening Part IV

I think I am going to have to come up with a different title for the dumping of pictures. In this case, the word "dump" is used as a verb which means a deposit or (to leave something) in a careless way. Apparently, not many people use (or think of) this word in this manner. Until I do come up with a better name for what I do, I shall continue to title all dumping of pictures as a "Picture Dump".

Pickling Cucumbers; May 4, 2014

Carrots and Onions (Potatoes in background); May 4, 2014

One Lone Pea; May 4, 2014

Pickling Cucumber; May 11, 2014

Pepper; June 5, 2014

First Carrot and Yukon Gold Harvested; June 14, 2014

Blueberries; June 18, 2014

Peppers; June 18, 2014

First Carrots Harvested; July 12, 2014

Wild Muscadine Grapes (found on our property); July 14, 2014

Brief Recap:

We actually harvested a bunch of these wild grapes and I made three jars of grape jelly. I wanted to try making some and it was a total success. I plan to harvest more next year and make tons more jelly.

As for our gardening efforts, the carrots, red potatoes, pickling cucumbers were awesome. The strawberries were somewhat successful. I will concentrate on growing more of these next year. I am wanting to grow a BUNCH of pickling cucumbers to make pickles now that I know they will grow down here.

I am abandoning onions, garlic, melons, peas and peppers as they were not successful growing down here. Oh, a few plants here and there bore fruit; but, most did not give forth anything. It was just not worth the effort.

The fruits such as blueberries, lemons, and limes will take several years before I know whether or not they will bear fruit. I think they will. Eventually.

2 comments:

  1. If you are talking about me (LOL) I knew what you meant about the picture 'dump'. All I was trying to convey, was that your pictures are too good to not be given the attention (by your readers) as pictures in their own right, rather than a conglomerate. It was only my stupid way of telling how good I thought your pictures were...not a judgment on how you do your blog. Sorry if it came out that way.

    I have to add that I'm so happy your garden was a success! I'm jealous of your muscadines, too. I have seen some around here, but nothing within picking range, and nothing that seemed enough to make jelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @littlehouseintheozarks.comHey, you weren't the only one to comment about the "dump". There was another lady who commented about the wording and I thought to myself, "Self! Something is wrong with wording here". LOL. So, you were not alone in thinking this. :-)
    I just haven't come up with a different title yet to use for the "dumps". :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!