Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

How "Unfocused!" Came Into Being

Some of my friends on facebook (and elsewhere) have asked if I would blog. With the addition of all the gaming strangers on my facebook profile, I realized the notices of new “notes” could get lost in the “live feed” if my friends have many “friends” of their own. The same thing happens with notices on pictures.

One day, while Instant Messaging with Dan, I jokingly told him that I thought I had ADD or ADHD because I would start one task, get distracted, and start another. He asked if I was hyperactive. I said no; but, my mind is! He then replied with “you’re just unfocused”. I immediately had an epiphany – “Unfocused!” would be the name of my blog.

I received an email from a friend several days ago and she was asking about me. It has been eons since we’ve updated one another on life and she is one of many friends I have that are not on facebook. However, they’re online. I then realized that they could get updates on what’s happening in my life if I blogged.

And now, with my life looking up, and with having fun in the kitchen and elsewhere with Dan, I decided to just go for it. I don’t know the details, the direction, of this blog yet. I also don’t know how often I’ll write.

If you’re an avid blog reader like me, you could use a web-based aggregator program, such as Google Reader, to keep up with all the blogs you visit just by subscribing to (inputting) the RSS (or Atom) feeds. I use Google Reader; but, there are other programs out there. I don’t have to go to each and every blog just to see if a new post exists. Google Reader takes care of that for me.

So, here you have it: the first post!

Blog Signature

3 comments:

  1. I love it that you have a blog! I'm looking forward to reading in the future.

    I just used Google Reader for the first time today. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you'll enjoy what I post from time to time, And, you welcome (on the tip). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You make cooking look SO fun, Lee Ann! =) Thank you from me too, about the Google Reader tip, that sounds like just the way to keep up with blogs, since I don't go there automatically and am not online as much. I look forward to being able to keep in touch better. hugs, Lori

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!