Pages

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Unphotographable Memories #6 and #7


Why Unphotographable? As explained years ago, I took it one step further and included moments in time remembered with such clarity and refuse to be forgotten. I thought it would be a excellent way to practice and stretch my writing abilities.

This is a picture I did not take of a half-grown gray cat flattening herself as flat as she can be on the dead brown ground while intensely watching a huge raptor sailing low through the air towards her.

{Witnessed and written on January 4, 2014)

By the way, this made me hit the pure panic button. I went running yelling and the stupid bird banked up immediately. I will never forget it because that was the closest encounter I have ever had with one of these birds and let me tell you, they are beautiful soaring through the air.

This is a picture I did not take of an adolescent kitten getting in the way of an elderly Maine Coon (huge cat) standing up with raised paws with an attitude of “hahahaha you can’t get past me”.

{Witnessed December 2013 and written in January 2014}

Note: This was very similar to the viral video except Chessie did not attack Abby – she just quickly pinned her down with a paw and walked over her leaving Abby in a state of shock.


}

1 comment:

  1. Interesting exercise. I can imagine how you felt seeing the bird coming for your cat! Same way I'd feel if one was coming for my chickens, and I'd probably do the same thing! Glad you were there to come to the rescue!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!