Pages

Monday, January 27, 2014

Macro Monday {Frozen}

When I got up on Friday, January 24, 2014, I was feeling miserable and very sick with a sinus infection (allergies finally got the best of me). When I walked into the kitchen, I suddenly noticed the world was icy. There were rivers of frozen rain upon the windows.

In spite of feeling awful, I threw on my coat, grabbed my camera, went outside and everything crunched. For some odd reason, I thought of my sister-in-law and warned myself to be extremely careful. (My sister-in-law who lives much further north slipped on ice/snow several weeks ago and broke her arm). I took a brief look at the land and I feared for all the bluebonnet plants. Let us hope they survived. Anyway, I took a few pictures of our farmhouse table which was loaded with frozen rain before I had to call it quits.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

Shot with my macro lens

Those are actually raindrops frozen in their tracks.

I went inside to change lens and then back outside.

{To see a larger image, go here.}

Shot with my wide angle lens.

By the way, I went back outside around 10:30am and the world was still frozen. I checked the temperature and it said 28 degrees (Fahrenheit). It did eventually get above freezing; but, it only reached 37 degrees before it started to get colder. Yes, it went below freezing again overnight. This is extremely unusual for us to see ice or snow down this far south in Texas. The last time we saw snow or ice hereabouts was back in 2011.

20 comments:

  1. Nice photo, but I hope the frozen rain didn't do any damage to your table. :( I heard we are supposed to get another round of it on Tuesday, this time, with actual snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @littlehouseintheozarksNo. no. nonononono. no! Say it ain't so!

    No damage done. :-)

    And yes, you're right. warnings of Freezing Drizzle tonight and rain/sleet for tomorrow. Fun. NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have the cold, but not the snow or ice. It is pretty to see and photography, but terrible for walking or driving.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @SusanI agree that its beautiful. But, I don't like the cold and ice. We are about to get another freezing spell and I am not looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This shot make me shiver, but it's a really is an awesome subject. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't believe it's that cold!! Photos are wonderful though. A real trouper braving that weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jackie Mc Guinness Yup! Very cold down this far south. It's expected to get below freezing again tonight! Lordy! What is the world coming to? LOL. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots....i didn't brave the ice or photos here...I just got rid of wearing a boot because of my broken foot. http://susie-clevengerphotography.blogspot.com/2014/01/the-poetry-in-vase.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Susie Clevenger I don't blame you for not braving the weather. I wouldn't either if I just recovered from an injury. Thank you for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Lee Ann,
    Despite or because of the cold very beautiful pictures have arisen!!! I hope, that it gets a little warmer for you soon and that you feel a little better again!
    Have a nice day!
    Katrin

    ReplyDelete
  13. @kissed by an angel The weather has been mighty weird around. It warmed up to the 70s and then went down to freezing once again. Fortunately, no ice/snow this time around. Thank you for Katrin for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice shots of freezing rain! Pretty, but dangerous....

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Villrose Thank you. And yes, it can be dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely shots of the pretty ice. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEautiful photos Lee Ann! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro… sorry I'm so late visiting, I hope you will join again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!