Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

My New Pillowcase


In the beginning, I had Garfield. RIP.

I was galvanized to sew up a pillowcase from a kit that I purchased on our road trip home from Missouri. Confession: I sleep with two pillows. I MUST have the second pillow AND its "special" pillowcase.

I think I have Dyslexia when in comes to written instructions. I'm a visual learner – a "show me how to do it" type of person. It did not help me at all that one of the diagrams in the instructions is incorrect.

The whole thing was giving me a headache because I just didn't understand how it could work. I gave up, played around online, and then went to take a shower. While in the shower, I pondered upon the problem. I suddenly was able to visualize how it is supposed to be done.

I am constantly amazed how my mind works sometimes. Ha!

Due to the incorrect diagram, what could have taken me an hour or two to whip up actually took me about five or six hours total. In the end, I was pretty pleased with the results AND with myself.



Isn't it cute?

I plan to make more in the future with my own fabric selections now that I know how to make them.

2 comments:

  1. I use a second pillow too. You can make me a pillow case any time! My bedroom is burgandy and tuape brown. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I like the fabric combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!