Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

Macro Monday {Weeping Angel}

Weeping Angel (figurine; approximately 3-1/2 inches)

{To see a larger image, go here.}

A character from the Doctor Who British TV series.

One of my favorite episodes is called Blink. (Third series, Tenth episode).

If you don't know it by now, I am a HUGE Doctor Who fan. I have watched all the episodes since they revived the series in 2005. I have even watched a few older episodes aired on BBC America which were extremely fascinating.

Besides "Blink", another favorite episode of mine is called "The Day of the Doctor". Dan gave me the DVD version of this episode last Christmas. I also love "Bad Wolf" and "The Parting of the Ways" (a two part series) among a few others.

Below are some of my favorite quotes from the episode, "Blink".

Beware the weeping angels. Oh and duck. No really duck! Sally Sparrow. DUCK, NOW! Love from The Doctor (1969)

{Writing uncovered from ripping off wallpaper in an old abandoned house.}

{The characters are inside an old abandoned house.}

Kathy Nightingale: What did you come here for anyway?
Sally Sparrow: I love old things. They make me feel sad.
Kathy Nightingale: What's good about sad?
Sally Sparrow: It's happy for deep people.

I really love the above quote because it fits me. I love old things. Old things makes me feel sad (melancholic). And, at the same time, it's happy things.

Fascinating race, the Weeping Angels. The only psychopaths in the universe to kill you nicely. No mess, no fuss, they just zap you into the past and let you live to death. The rest of your life used up and blown away in the blink of an eye. You die in the past, and in the present they consume the energy of all the days you might have had, all your stolen moments. They're creatures of the abstract. They live off potential energy.

~The Doctor

The majority of my favorite quotes are within the clip below.

2 comments:

  1. When my husband finally talked me into watching an episode, I became a fan. Loved the weeping angels. Matt Smith is my favorite doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!