Pages

Friday, October 2, 2015

Garner State Park, June 2, 2015

Garner State Park, June 1, 2015

A striped (possibly whiptail) lizard.

I was shocked I managed to snap one lone picture of one as they are lightning quick. I was doubly shocked that it came out okay.

Checkered White {Pontia protodice}

A white butterfly in a field of (lazy?) daisies

Checkered White {Pontia protodice}

A Pipevine Swallowtail {Battus philenor} on Horsemint

The "Wascally Wabbit", Jack Rabbit

Unidentified

Texas Bindweed {Convolvulus equitans}.

This is part of the Morning Glory family!

I snapped this one to identify later. I still have not been able to identify this flower.

Brown-eyed Susan {Rudbeckia hirta}

Checkered White {Pontia protodice}

Unidentified Moth

For more information on the differences between butterflies and months, go here.

Heavy Laden with Pollen

I believe this is a bee fly {Bombyliidae}.

A Pipevine Swallowtail {Battus philenor} on Horsemint

Vesta Crescent or Vesta Crescentspot (Phyciodes vesta)

Note: One of my field guides, copyright 2012, lists "Phyciodes vesta" and has this exact butterfly pattern pictured. However, upon further research with another butterfly I snapped (and had difficulty identifying), I believe the correct classification is "Phyciodes graphica". The common name (Vesta Crescent) is still the same. Yes, I wasted bandwidth. But, at least, I feel better about the identification of this butterfly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment. I always love hearing from you!